Welcome, an extended blog description

Hello to all the subscribers and to those just passing by. This blog will help to inform my friends and family back home of my travels and safety, as well as hopefully share some fun exciting experiences. The goal is to share something once a day during my various travels, as sort of an online public diary. I will also be sharing some of my creations of art when I am not traveling.

A few things about my past traveling experiences; I have taken a few family trips around my continent, to places like Florida, Cancun, New York and Washington DC. My biggest travel, and by far best, was a year long exchange program to Thailand when I was 16. That experience has only fueled my need to travel, encouraging me to discover more about what this planet has to offer.

A few things about my passions; Traveling is one of the more obvious things that I obsess over, but what do I do when I am not traveling? I enjoy observing the world around me, trying to capture what I see onto paper, or canvas, or through a lens. Sharing my experiences with those around me is something that I enjoy, but I also enjoy listening to others. Besides creating and exploring, I love swimming. From the time I was 3 years old, I have been like a fish. The water is relaxing and always brings back good memories.

Why the name Traveling Squid? Simple. Squids are, simply put, my favorite animal.

Thank you for taking the time to look through my blog. Welcome to the Traveling Squid.


Wishing the best for your adventures,
Cienna

Comments