Fisherman's Wharf

On Wednesday morning we got a little bit of a late start to our day. Both of us knew that this whole day was saved for Pier 39, and didn't feel like we had to rush to beat the crowds. We left around 11:00 and our first stop was the Ghirardelli Square in Fishermans Wharf. This shopping center seemed fairly new with various tourists shops and trinkets and boutiques. For lunch we ate at the school of cheese and sampled some cheese as well. After lunch we stoped at the factory to split a sundae. 

The giant sign adorning the square
View from the shore
After Ghirardelli we strolled along the strip mall, pausing to look at the souvenir stores. We came across various food vendors selling clam chowder and sea food, and it all looks so good.
Street view


View to the west

To the west still

Looking east from the chocolate factory

Another street view
As we made out way to Pier 39 we came across some street performers attempting to gather a crowd. They seem to be struggling to gain a crowd, so JT and I stopped see a show. This was JT's first time seeing a street performance, so I felt like we had to stop. They group, Oakland Originalz, were funny and had a good performance of hip hop dancing and flips.
We moved on toward the pier of shops and explored the tourist trap. We stoped by the hard rock cafe and an mirror maze. We did a mini photo shoot which was entertaining. Soon after we stopped by the seal lion docks. JT took a lot of photos to send back home. We enjoyed watching them play and fight.

One of The Oakland Originalz doing a flip over tourists 

Entrance to the Pier
Lots of sail boats

Busy shopping square
Mirror photos
Lots of fun!
Sealions!
After the sea lion watching we stopped for dinner at a chowder shack for clam chowder in a sour dough bread bowl. The chowder was good and very filling. We ended with one last sweep through the  pier for shopping and photos. 
Dinner
Alcatraz

I had a great trip to San Francisco, full of wonderful new experiences. I loved being able to stay with my sister and explore the city with her. I will really miss JT and hope that she can visit me in my city. With a heavy heart I end my trip and prepare to head back to my University. I hope to travel again for a term, but I will announce that when I gain more details. Thanks for the fun times San Fransisco. I hope to visit again soon. 

Wishing for the best on your adventures, 
Cienna

Comments

  1. What a wonderful trip, thank you for writing and posting photos...Will love getting more details this coming week...Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment