Thoughts and an Update

It has been three months now upon returning from my trip. I look back on my trip, and am so thankful for the experiences I gained from traveling alone. My flight back to the United States consisted of a 4ish hour flight to Shanghai, a 14 hour layover in the dreadful, boring and drab airport, with a 13 hour flight to San Diego, a 3 hour layover and ending the journey home with my last flight. I made a few friends while on the 14 hour layover, that helped pass the time.
Upon arriving to the States, I went out for pizza with my family and friends. I began work again, with a schedule that had me teaching 5 days of the week, for about 4 hours each day. I thought I could handle it, and that the break to Thailand would give me a refresher and some extra motivation to my job. But by the time February rolled around, I knew I was burned out with teaching. Don't get me wrong, I still love teaching and watching my students progress, I just needed a break. I had by then submitted my application to OSU for a spring term start. When I submitted my application, I wasn't sure if I was really going to go. But being burned out on my job, and taking a break from school showed me how much I missed learning. I paid the deposit fee, and from then on I proceed to prep for my University experience.
I moved in on April 1. I have attended all of my classes, and am still craving to travel. Being a college student will limit some of my travel, but I hope not for long. I still look back on my experiences and the lessons I gained about being on my own. I am excited to look into study abroad programs and things that can help me travel while also helping me progress to my goals.

Wishing for the best on your adventures,
Cienna

Comments

Post a Comment